Wednesday 1 May 2013

Socrates was Belgian





I serve woman who tells me that she is off to a Buddhist retreat in the West Country for a week. I notice that she buys a bottle of whisky. Surely a higher state of consciousness and a large glass of Johnny Walker are incompatible? More likely to lead to unconsciousness I would have thought. I recall the character in "Fish called Wanda" who thought that Socrates was Belgian and the basic principle of |Buddhism was to get your retaliation in first perhaps that is where she gets it from.

Man does not understand the principle of "cash back". "What do you mean "cash back", he barks," Speak English. How long have we had cash back? Since the early 90s at least I would have thought. Then you could get cash back from a cheque. Still you hear of strange things. A woman complained that he eggs had mould on them. It turned out to be a feather

The Daily Express is at it again having as a headline evidence of some miracle cure. It is a dreadful newspaper. Why do people bother with it?






No comments:

Post a Comment