Thursday 9 May 2013

" Summer is my favourite day"



Woman gets to the till and gets confused about where to go. In the manner of Poltergeist I advice to walk to the light

A regular who is interested in saving the great apes. He sponsors a Gorilla project in Africa, he is very gloomy and tells me that there are only 90 Gorilla's left in that part of Rwanda. Rather depressing.

It is always heart warming to meet people who are volunteering to help in the community. I met a woman a few years ago who was doing a fund raising dinner for a cancer charity. She was a cheerful soul. As it happens I think this town has a vibrant volunteer community.

Floods and the increase of them locally was discussed. A woman who lives by the river has been flooded out twice in the last 15 years prior to this it was something that never happen. She was dreading a wet summer again

No comments:

Post a Comment