Tuesday 28 May 2013

Hammersmith Palais







One of the regulars is this wonderful woman originally from Isleworth who was telling me once about Hammersmith Palais where she met her husband. I saw her today and mentioned Hammersmith Palais. She said that "you the only perisher who knows where I'm from. I've never been called a perisher before. I'd post this as Hammersmith Palais gets a mention as does Wee Willy Harris.

 Man does big shop with 2 year old happy and contented. "What's her name" "Ruby", he says. "Ah so she's a Ruby Tuesday", I respond.

 I have engaging chat with woman about Radio 2. She likes Jonathan Ross as well as the Irish replacement. She does not like Paul O Grady, who I think is very good. Strange tastes some people. I tell her 7 year old son that one of the trolley lockers is a portal to Narnia

It is slow on till 3 and the ever engaging Tom on till 1 and I swop banter about how we can get customers to our tills as we are at the far end of the store. I suggest to Tom that we adopt the manner of fairground barkers. "Roll on up and see the bearded lady". A customer unkindly suggests that she is on Till 8 and as for the Boneless Wonder!

A man questions me on the effectiveness of an electric iron he has just purchased. I tell him to follow the instruction especially the one about not wearing a shirt when ironing it can cause burns


No comments:

Post a Comment