Wednesday 8 May 2013

"As conspicuous as a tarantula on an angel cake"



Discuss school that daughter will be going to in the new year. It will be OK but she is bit nervous about bullying and fitting in.

Woman buys lots and lots of cream cakes for a raffle prize for a slimming club. It rather destroys the point I would have thought.

Woman asks me whether I ever get fed up asking the same question about offering to pack. For all I know I say you might be a company fink sent in to see whether we are asking what we are supposed to ask.

The next man who hears the exchange is great fun and we talk about Jack London Steinbeck and Raymond Chandler. He gave me a great phrase about a gangster wearing a loud tie " as conspicuous as a tarantula on an angel cake" I mentioned the PG Wodehouse " Ice began to form on her upper slope"

No comments:

Post a Comment