Tuesday 14 May 2013

German Sniper



The elderly man told me that he had 6 boxes of paracetamol . I thought that he was describing a potential suicide bid but in reality he was actually telling me that he had hurt himself in a gardening accident. Initially I thought that he ought to be talking to the Samaritans and not to me a check out operator.

Bill Barnsfeather cartoons from the trenches was mentioned " If you know of a better hole go to it". I mentioned a friend of mine who years ago interviewed a veteran of the First world War. This man tried to get out of the trenches by attempting to catch pneumonia by jumping in the canal. he got out and was immediately pinned down by a sniper. He was shivering with the cold all night and eventually other British soldiers arrived and the German cleared off. The man still did not catch pneumonia.

I was given a lecture by a woman after I made a comment about climate change. It does not exist she said its all about air stream she said and nothing about climate change. Its a myth she concluded. I did not mention all the scientific evidence and the universal acceptance of most climatologists. Anyway the next woman agreed with the first as did the next bloke who all thought it was a lie. Later I served a couple one of which was an oceanologist and he was convinced by his work in the seas off South Africa

No comments:

Post a Comment