Sunday 19 May 2013

Cucumber sandwiches



Woman buys Battenberg cake , cucumber and tin of salmon. Paaarty time I always think of cucumber in vinegar with salmon sandwiches with the Battenberg Cake. I ask the woman whether she has a butler serving the repast off a salver. there has to be a lawn and the mewing of a peacock in the distance as well. If only the woman replies.

A man asks me to check if I had any Olympic 50p pieces. I had no idea that we did them. But I did find two coins, one which had boxing on and the other cycling. You see there is a Olympic legacy after all

Woman has a small child been given a lift in a trolley. I ask whether she knew that we had a bogof offer on small children last week. The child in the trolley did remind me a bit of the scene in "Chitty, Chitty. Bang Bang with the child catcher played, I think, by Robert Helpmann.

I ask about the quality of Australian. Its pretty good I am assured and better than French wine. Its not so long ago that Aussie wine was mocked. I am thinking of the Monty Python sketch of Melbourne "Old and Yellow" and a wine that had qualities of being a "good hand to hand combat wine"

No comments:

Post a Comment