Thursday 2 May 2013

Eleanor





Smelled some Thyme that a customer had and suggested that she grow a knot garden which would be suitably Elizabethan I think

Young man worried about the growing use of plastic bags I suggested that we look at the idea of the Archbishop of York who thought that growing sisal as a cash crop might be an idea.

"Take a break" magazine had features on murder, mayhem and slaughter ideal reading for the laid back I thought

Bottle of Orveito wine. I visited Orveito once the cathedral, if I am right , was striped like a zebra. It was one of the key towns of the Etruscan

I spoke to a woman who lived on a social housing estate. There is nothing wrong about this although it gets a lot of flack . I lived on one for years and I spent some time during the election campaign on one. It was well managed, the housing stock  looked OK and it had excellent views over countryside. 

I mentioned that my daughter was on an outward bound course enjoying climbing, caving and toasting marsh mellows over a camp fire. The elderly, lovely woman from California said that as a girl she used to sleep in the Yosemite National Park on a camp bed with the canopy of stars above her head. One day the coyotes broke in and eat all the food something that is unlikely to happen to my daughter camping near Eccleshall. I praised Theodore Roosevelt and she said that she had met his wife. I thought that it was unlikely and on closer questioning it was Eleanor of who she was speaking wife of FDR. She came to her school in Santa Monica







No comments:

Post a Comment