Friday 3 May 2013

The Sun has got his hat on



Amazing how a little sunshine lifts the spirits. Several people remarked on how better they feel with a little sun on their backs and of course an increase in meat and beer for barbeques for the coming weekend

News of redundancies at the local building society. About 100 IT jobs are going. I saw a friend who is in her late 50s and is keen to go almost to the point of painting a roundel on herself. She tells me that she is in the redundancy pool. More like a Lido I suggest

Woman buys tomatoes which are green. She does so because they remind her of her fathers allotments and the smell. It is a Proustian recollection I feel is going on

Young man works for a local wildlife charity. He enjoys the work as he is teaching woodland crafts to teenagers and I am sure that its very gratifying

I quote the Henry Hall song " The sun has got his hat on to a middle aged woman. She thinks the very clipped way in which they spoke in the 1930s is what is required. More precise as she puts it. I agree with her I feel we ought to be more laconic in public discourse and I recall Clement Attlee's one word response about his plans for government. "No" he said to probing question from a deferential journalist

No comments:

Post a Comment