Friday 10 May 2013

Bobby Charlton had hair



Member  local school board of Governors was telling me about the interview he had taken part in. A female teacher was appointed. It does seem a pity to me that there are so few men in early years work. When I was a kid it was probably 50/50 but now very few men work in First schools.

Woman buys Rosemary and it set off in me a memory of a trip to Patmos where the cave where St John wrote the Revelations on the day was full of Rosemary. It was a wonderful smell but it did make you think "where's the roast lamb".

We were talking about conversations you over hear on public transport. I recall on a Wirral train a man say that he did not run after a thief on holiday who had stolen his wallet reasoning that the thief would use the card less than his girlfriend. On another occasion I over heard a Scouser talking to a friend about her sugar daddy that he was going to spend " £15,000 on me tits"

Chatted about Man United. years ago when I work for the Office for National Statistics I interviewed a man who had played for United although not in the first team. The man had showed me a picture taken in his mothers back in the summer of 1956 which showed a young Bobby Charlton with quiff, David Pegg and Tommy Taylor the later name dying in the Munich crash

No comments:

Post a Comment