Monday 13 May 2013

" Here I stand I can do no other"



I notice that the fruit and veg comes from all over the place. The squash from Central America, the cherries from the US, the pears from Chile and beans from Morocco. It amazes me that we import apples in the early autumn when we have English apples. I talk to an old costermonger who tells they used to get all the fruit when he worked from the Vale of Evesham. Now everything has to be obtained now we no longer shop seasonally 

I notice that the Express has a headline that we should expect another terrible summer. How do they know?

Man has a classic car- an S type Jag that dates from the 60s. He shows it around the country at weekends. I imagine its an enjoyable hobby. We end up discussing East European Cars. he tells me that he has a friend with a Trabant which has more visitors than his Jag. It reminds me of the old joke about the Wartburg. "Why is it called the Luther"? Because Luther once said, "Here I stand I can do no other"

No comments:

Post a Comment