Sunday 12 May 2013

Fairy Ring




An old man stopped beside the till and was keen to chat to me. He was in his 80s and a former quarry man from Cauldon Low. He told me that a gypsy or a "roadster" had told him that he would live to a great age. The roadster wauldon and he was given some "chaise" by his mother and went on his way. We also mentioned the Fairy Ring at Cauldon and the old man said that he had a book on it but he had given the book to someone where the low was. It seems , I have read, that fairies are said to haunt the old Neolithic stone circles often called Lows, He told me that wanted a chat about ghosts which intrigued me.

We had a chat about favourite books the first man like American Crime especially set in New Orleans whilst the next person was keen on Bernard Cornwall books such as Sharpe and finally the third person liked Classic especially Jane Austen. I suggested George Eliot "Middlemarch"

No comments:

Post a Comment