Tuesday 21 May 2013

Shetland Pony




Women tells me that Gradbach Mill Youth Hostel is being sold. Its a nice location close to Ludschurch. I suppose that someone will but it as private house

Woman buys lots of bottles of vinegar and tells me that she is making up fly spray with vinegar, old tea and oil of citronella. She has several Shetland ponies which she believes are a much misunderstood equine. They are the strongest horse for their respective size. I tell her the story of Joe Derbyshire who used to be on Wigan CHC. I visited him in hospital shortly before he died. He told me that as a young boy he worked  with the pit ponies. During the 1921 strike the ponies were bought to the surface and lived in fields beside the pit. When the strike ended they were rounded up to go down the pit. Joe remembered the ponies whinnying in terror at the prospect of returning underground. Its a tale that has always lived with me

saw someone I used to work with at the Primary Care Trust we both thought that we were back where we were 20 years ago with GP Fundholding. Its just the stationery and the letter heads that change every now and then. Since the late 80s we calculate about 20 changes to the NHS

No comments:

Post a Comment