Sunday 6 October 2013

Bye Bye baby



First bloke I saw today was a twitcher off to Tittesworth to do a spot of bird watching. Apparently a Red breasted Meganser has been seen locally.

Woman ignored me completely she did not even return my “good morning”

Another woman missing her home town of Berwick on Tweed and the walks by the sea. Still at war with the Russians

Woman does not like sparrow hawks as they are wiping out small birds. I saw one take a blue tit off a bird table. It was very impressive.

I am giving advice on getting rid of fleas as couple have a kitten. The Bob Martin stuff they have bought is not very good. Man says his Mother has a very bad infestation in her house in Sheffield.

Woman tells me that she is teaching Physics her placement at a school in Cheshire. It’s a Catholic school and they are taught how many angels dance on the head of a pin. have they apologised for Gallileo though.

Man nearly walks off with bag of Cat Litter. Very apologetic but hardly a crime Raffles would be interested  and no silk glove at the scene.

They are playing Bay City Rollers at one point earlier  today “Bye Bye Baby Don’t Cry”.  Enough to bring a lump to my hammer. Comforted by a young man who has never heard of them so no tartan trews or scarf waving then. Earlier when T Rex was on the sound system rather sadly woman who was at till told me that her parents banned her from listening from pop music because of it might “contaminate her”. So she missed T Rex and the parents insisted that she listen to radio 3 but she liked Classical Music still despite the indoctrination

I was discussing oatcakes at work. The general view was that the Leek oatcake was an inferior product compared with the Stoke one. An oatcake shop in High lane, Burslem was singled out for the greatest praise although I do like one in London Road, Stoke. All the people I spoke disliked the Derbyshire Oatcake- too thick was the general response

No comments:

Post a Comment