Wednesday 16 October 2013

Basil the Bulgar Slayer



It is raining hard and the shopper is relaxed about it. He has a East Anglian accent I wonder if he is from Norfolk and has webbed feet.

Proof of age quandary. Woman I ask for P of A. She is 31. The point is that you are supposed to ask if the person looks 25 and she does. She is OK about and I gather a man in his 50s was asked proof of age. He was a very young looking Black Guy

Had a good chat with bloke about fitness . I do about 4 miles on the treader in 40 minutes. I get the speed up to about 6.4 miles an hour and the heart rate up to about 120. Sweat pours off me and I can read my kindle about such characters Boris the Bulgar Slayer and Constantine Coproautomyms and listen to whatever takes my fancy. Tamla Motown today I recover very well and the regime has meant a loss weight of about 1 stone 4 pounds. The man thinks the recovery rate impressive.

Talk about new crime writers with woman shopper. I used to like crime fiction so I asked her to recommend some writers. She mentioned a woman writer whose name I have since forgotten who writes about Boston and Peter James who writes novels set in Brighton

Woman complaining that her partner had ran off and had left her to do the packing. I thought that desertion in front of the enemy was a court martial offence. A local Councillor was next and heard this. I told him I hope Douglas Haig does not get to know.

Heather who I used to work with and lives on a boat. I admire her woodland badge. We talk about the naming of local rivers I have written about. The Hamps is a particularly good example.


I am finished and its over my time and I am cleaning off the belt. I notice a Middle Eastern woman struggling with a baby in a sling and her shopping. I gesture her offer and Marie and I help her through while she adjusts her sling. So much for poor service at this supermarket and Confusion to our enemies 

No comments:

Post a Comment