Thursday 10 October 2013

Billy Liar



Man says can I help with paying his bill. He jokes. I suggest income generation like armed robbery. He says that he will go away and think about it

Regular who refs Boxing matches says he has a fight and hopes to talk to Tyson Fury over the weekend. I'm impressed. He is very knowledgeable about the noble art

Eton Mess is scanned which is a good description of the present regime

Eric Morecambe moment. Man forgets his ginger nuts and a woman says that she wants his nuts. “ No answer to that”

Great story from old Scottish nurse. Aristo relative " Has Jim reached his expiry date?" on Uncle just holding on. Still alive “Blast" she said. She was hoping that he had died.

A black pudding discussion. I mention the Frank Skinner joke about pulling a chord in them and out stepping a Goth

Man did not have too much time for Essex. He had driven back there today and glad to be back to the Moorlands. I suggested that he lie down in a darkened room with a flannel over his eyes


I had a decent chat with man about 50s British new wave films. “Saturday Night Sunday Morning with Albert Finney was a favourite as was Tom Courtney from Hull in Bill Liar “ dark satanic mils I can understand but dark satanic pubs, dark satanic shops, dark chip shops” and the Alderman “ I’m rate thraiped wi it its neither mucklin or micklin. I never understand why he did not run off to London with Julie Christie

No comments:

Post a Comment