Thursday 17 October 2013

A moments silence for Danny Kaye


I was chatting about “ Annie Get Your Gun”. ( An elderly customer was drooling over Betty Hutton). I told him that the Buffalo Bill Wild West with Annie Oakley came to North Staffs at least 3 times. My grandfather probably saw it in April 1904.

 Middle aged Man with cravat and those glasses on a cord- I knew he would trouble. He did not talk but just shook his head. He made grab for an item and me in my best RSM voice said “ Wait for it”. It had a good effect- he recoiled

We began recalling all those songs that used to be on “Family Favourites” such as “Nellie the Elephant”, “Ugly Duckling”, “Right said Fred” “ My Brother” with Terry Scott. I felt that we could do with a community sing song of “ The King is in the all together”. I feel a moments silence for Danny Kaye is called for

Spoke to ex Para. He was in the 6th Army in the War and was in the same  places as was my Father, Caen, Ardennes and the Rhine Crossing. I think Lt General Sir brian Horrocks was the commanding officer.

Man shopper works in the on line betting industry. The China market is big, “The Chinese will bet on two spiders climbing a wall”

Mentioned Sgt Bilko and the episode where Lady Luck has smiled on him and he does not realise it until the last moments of the day. He tries to place a bet on a horse in Australia. Easier now with on line betting.


Man buys 24 tins of mushy peas. Looks like a wet and windy night tonight

No comments:

Post a Comment