Thursday 27 June 2013

Conan the Ovarian



Couple buy a copy of Conan the Barbarian and shortly afterwards a box of eggs goes back, I open and examine the eggs. " I'm Conan the Ovarian", I say. I am pleased with myself and as good as philately gets you everywhere of earlier in the week.

I am very delighted to find out that one of my articles was used as a teaching aid on newspaper reporting in a school in Stoke. I believe that it was the one on the Ecton Copper Mine.

Discussed with couple who bought places to avoid. Iraq I would think as a holiday destination and I understand that Columbia is no Frinton and I guess that Burma is not a South East Asian Denmark. I have high hopes for Libya all that Mediterrainian coast line and great Roman remains. I gather Tripoli is an attractive city.

Man who works for a brick making company tells me that it employs 26 people when it used to employ 2,000. The bricks are very much in demand for projects in the South of England

1 comment:

  1. It's all gone quiet. Missing you.

    Are you holiday? Or have you stopped being a till operator? Or have you been silenced by some dark conspiracy?

    ReplyDelete