Monday 10 June 2013

On behalf of Planet Earth I thank you



" On behalf of Planet Earth I thank you" was my sally when a woman presented recyclable bags at the checkout. Its a line I have borrowed from Frasier. A program I recall with fondness as does the woman I direct the remark at.

Woman tells me she is involved in a constant battle of wills in order to get her kids to eat greens. One scheme was to puree spinach and tell the kids that it was " pea gravy". It worked.

Cheerful Australian tells me that he has to prepare a talk for the local WI on the settlement of Australia and I thought the original inhabitants got there 60,000 years ago and not 1788.

Local I know has a rather splendid  tee shirt with ways to dispose of a Zombie. I tell him of a poster in Hull which was defaced to change the word "Hell" to "Hull" so the film poster for " Night of the Living Dead" now ran as a strapline "When Hull is full than Zombies will stalk the Earth

No comments:

Post a Comment