Sunday 9 June 2013

Louise Brooks



A woman comes past wearing a Betty Boop t shirt. I tell her, I think I'm right, that Betty Boop was based on the silent movie star Louise Brooks. I recall reading her autobiography many years ago and she was something of a character. I believe she also popularised the bob hair style.

A man wears a tee shirt with pictures of apes dressed like the Beatles crossing the road on the Abbey Rd album. One of the apes is wearing a white suit. It allows me to go on something of a riff on the Paul is dead story. I mention "Fool on the Hill", the fact that Paul is bare foot and that if you play record back ward you hear John say that Paul is dead. Have I missed anything?

I wonder what attributes make a animal cuddly? Woman has a picture of Polar Beers but no one has a picture of the Giant Sloth and insects are pretty low on the "ah" stakes.

Someone buys Cornish Sea Salt. How does it taste differently than say Devonian Sea salt. I am mystified.

No comments:

Post a Comment