Wednesday 12 June 2013

Bobbie Zee



Had great chat with young man who was Dylan nut and the question of the greatest Dylan album was raised predictably I went for "Blood on the Tracks" while he liked the early stuff especially John Wesley Hardin which led to a brief chat about " All along the Watchtower" and Hendrix, the greatest cover ever?.

I wonder why Rudyard's war memorial has a 1921 date on the bottom. Just for fun did they not tell the good people of Rudyard after November 1918. On a serious note I wonder if it takes in the War of Occupation in Russia or even Ireland.

I used to remember Theakston's Old Peculiar was called Yorkshire's Lunatic Broth and I wonder whether certain sensitivity has crepted in. Actually I like Masham the place where its brewed. I used to drink it in the De Grey Rooms in York which was the only place where you could get it. It certainly a very heady brew

Woman from Kirkcaldy. I mention Raith Rovers and Adam Smith evident pride when it came to Gordon Brown less pride and a certain amount of muttering.

The conversation about puns made me think of Jim who died in 2011 and the incident in a restaurant in Florence when Jim spying the understaffing, the coach load of Asians and the resultant chaos " Too many Indians and not enough chefs, he opined.

No comments:

Post a Comment