Wednesday 12 June 2013

I don't associate Essex with Eagles




I once saw Tarantino at the Corner house in Manchester when they showed " Reservoir Dogs" around about 1993. That memory came to mind when a bloke got Quentin latest film  which I gather is good but violent. I am of an age that shrinks against violence in film, give me "High Society" and Bing  anyday.

Man on the cricket match he saw at the weekend in Leek Derbyshire Falcons against Essex Eagles. I for one do not associate Essex , once famously described by old man Steptoe as "flat as a witches tit", with the most majestic of all raptors. I do associate Essex with Ian Dury and  Billericay Dickie which I sang to the customer " A love affair with Nina, in the back of my Cortina, a seasoned up hyena could not have been more obscener, she took me to the cleaners and other misdemeanours". he begged me to stop because it might jeopardise my job. Under the circumstances Essex Blockheads would have been better.

I ask a woman whether she knows the difference between an Eccles Cake and a Chorley cake- its in the pastry.

I start to doze off and start using different techniques to keep awake although I recognise a check out operator dropping off does not have the same ramifications as a airline pilot

No comments:

Post a Comment