Tuesday 11 June 2013

Leave it out Wolsey




Is life a bowl of cherries? Discuss

Chatted about the article I had written for the P and T on Premature burial in the light of the grave of Meakyn which I saw at Rushton Spencer. Some went away with a shudder.

Couple on canal boat very positive about the local canal system especially the Caldon which they visit regularly. They were not so keen on Froghall but I tell them of the copper manufacturing factory at Boltons and the telegraphy cable produced at Boltons in the 1850s which was the first cable laid across the Atlantic. I feel that more ought to be done to sell James Brindley in two years time when its the 300th anniversary of his birth.

I am told that Ray Winstone really is a diamond geezer. Man tells me that he met him when Stoke played West Ham last season and he was a man with no airs and graces and a good person to have around you. He has been in some great films, but I am not sure about Henry VIII. " Oy Maximilian Home Roman Emperor NO.









No comments:

Post a Comment