Friday 27 September 2013

Tom Joad- my hero



There is a feather stuck to the side of an egg – a sign of freshness- but man is not interested it could be roughage I suggest.

Couple ask about the Ghost they saw on the moors near Flash they have told and when is it going in the papers? I have written it up.

The Roald Dahl story about murdering someone with a frozen leg of lamb and then eating the murder weapon is recalled. I told shopper the story apparently of Ken Dodd canvassing for the Tories always a danger in L’pool and being felled by leg of lamb

Shopper and I had a good chat about Scotland since her husbands death she missed the wild places. She seems lonely

Interesting chat about Graham Greene a customer was fanatical reader of the novels and also liked Hemingway. He was not a Catholic either

I said that my favourite novel was “Grapes of Wrath (Tom Joad is something of a hero) the customer had visited Steinbeck’s house

Man smashes beer- I know Pete- the bottle falls off belt when I mentioned the Hockney’s and the Christie valuation.


No comments:

Post a Comment