Sunday 29 September 2013

Shut that door!



New collection of novel of B Cartland to be published. I shall lose no time in reading them I told a customer.

Man bought Daily Telegraph its very good for obituaries Barbara Cartland's was a joy a vision in pink I recall it saying

Orca big shopper bought lots of toilet rolls and fly spray. The mind boggles

Shopper complained that a fly was trapped in packet of doughnuts. I released it and  swear  I heard this little cry of " help me"

Unemployment up in West Midlands- worrying. Spoke to Mother at work whose 23 year son is forlornly looking in Stoke- only zero hours jobs the situation is desperate for some people irrespective of what people say

Had another George Formby discussion at work. Next week's lecture will be on Frank Randle. Formby and Randle the yin and yan of South Lancashire music hall- apparently they hated each other

Couple at work. Man said he was a very experienced bag packer. I asked whether he was time served and asked to see his articles- in private. I was having a Ken Dodd moment

Angry when people on "Newsnight" attack young British worker. My experience as worker in supermarket they are as hard working as anyone else.

Man asks me to go at slow pace scanning. I go at waltz pace although threaten to break out in jitterbug if required.

Man buys the following CDs, Avril Lavinge, Sugarbabes, Anderw Sisters, The Killers and George Formby.

Woman from Caverswall History Society gives me booklet on Tichboune case- a Victorian scandal. Apparently a Caverswall connection.


A woman was putting her stuff on the belt as I was speeding it through the till and said that this is just like a game show. This led to a discussion about that son of Nuneaton- Larry Grayson. The customer asked whether he was still alive. I had to break the news gently to her that he was not and was certainly saying " shut that door" every time the celestial gates were opened

No comments:

Post a Comment