Monday 30 September 2013

Like watching a Noh play



Hold box of soft fruit carefully to scan and tell man. “Have to hold it this way otherwise your plums might drop out” which doesn’t sound right.

Couple complain about the loud music. They have a point. Old guy would prefer Stan Kenton while woman musicals. Suggest Gilbert/Sullivan as compromise

I am doing a talk on Transportation for local history society. Customer thinks it’s a good idea

Child’s toy makes a sound as I scan it. It’s the first time an item has talked back.

People buy Heather if they travel a few miles they can get it for free, if that’s legal

Man spends so much time paying £9.55. He was digging deeply into his purse. “Struck a seam yet” I say.

The man at the till spends so long that it’s fascinating that’s it almost like watching a Noh play


I try a joke on the hill farmer which flies over his head I think that the joke like fire and wheel has only just arrived in the hills

No comments:

Post a Comment