Wednesday 24 April 2013

Shake and Vac



Scottish woman apparently a big cheese in the Soroptimists. I innocently ask about differences between the Soroptimists and the WI. It was a case of the People's  Front for the Liberation of Judea versus Judean People's Liberation Front. She got a bit annoyed at my ignorance. Now I know

 It has come to this- the blue toilet blocks. Reminded me of a cartoon that was in a York University Rag Mag circa 1977. Dazed student surrounded by bits of broken toilet. Voice off. "No Rudi I said smash the system"

 Shake and Vac now. An actor I once knew Tony Benson who appeared in a Shake and Vac advert once in the 80s. A long way from staring with Richard Burton in the 50s. Tony was also in Corrie as a tram driver and also as a solicitor as well although not at the same time. Silly sod did not think you could get AIDS after 50. Tragically he was proved wrong.

 I am on air fresheners now and one is called Egyptian Mystique. I am in Tony Hancock mode " Are they stark raving mad! Have any of them been in Cairo in July?

No comments:

Post a Comment