Thursday 25 April 2013

Alpine Climbers



 Man with sweatshirt with the words" Ah mon genoux" explains that he damaged his knee whilst climbing two years ago in the French Alps. It was near a shierak and he explains what exactly one is- an ice overhang. Strangely this is the second time I have heard this word. I heard this word sometime ago on Radio 4 on a discussion on a terrible accident on K2 when several climbers were killed when a shierak gave way

 Woman wants me to check her empty bags. I have never done this and will not I am a trusting soul. She says she had to do this when she shopped in the States. She lived in Glastonbury, Connecticut for several years and this is what they did. Do they think all shoppers are thieves in New England ?

Strong beer bought by man. Beer bought by JW Lees of Manchester. 7.8 proof very much a case of Goodnight Vienna if you drink too much of this or at the very least Goodnight Crumpsall, I recall seeing a 19th century photo of a man being carried out of a Manchester pub with the caption " the fastest way out of Manchester"

No comments:

Post a Comment