Sunday 28 April 2013

History man




Woman has brooch which is something to do with " Game of Thrones" which I have never seen. She tells me that she loves Medieval History. It was her late father that introduced her to history and he used to take her on visits to castles, abbeys and cathedrals. Her interest stops at the Industrial Revolution. I can see her point of view. I was taken around castels, abbeys and cathedrals. I would like to be thought of in the same way by my daughter- who knows.

Woman has accent that is Scottish but also sounds Irish as well. I ask her where she is from. She is from the Outer Hebrides- her father born in Iona and her mother Mull. I have very fond memories of the islands especially Skye and meeting the great Gaelic poet Sorley McLean I wish her well  Sláinte 'bha! 

Two elderly men  I come in and I forget to give one of them their saving stamps. I joke that I will be on a fizzer. One of them used to be in the Army for several years. He thought Australia was the best place he had been to and had one or two difficult moments in N Ireland. He did 4 tours of duty in the 70s.

Someone I know who was in the audience of "Winter's Tale and knew the person who played the concertino. He is from Dorset and does not seem to have aged in the many years that she has known him. It must be something to do wit the water.

Serb woman friendly, I served her a few weeks ago. I think of a bon mot re Yugoslavia under Tito, Four countries, three religions, two alphabets and one Communist party

No comments:

Post a Comment